2940 and 75MHz CPU clock

Dejan Ilic svedja at morgaine.rydnet.lysator.liu.se
Thu Sep 4 22:37:25 PDT 1997

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

> > Has anyone on this list been able to get the
> > 2940 SCSI controller to work with a 75MHz CPU clock?
>
> I don't think this works.  I think even Adaptec
> claims it will not.
>
> [ Someone please correct me if I am wrong ]

I have been running my 2940U on a machine with 75MHz*2.5 without any
problems for a long time. I tried to use 83MHz*2 but then a lot of errors
accured. Hard to tell if it was the CPU,memory or 2940u fault. Could be
any of them.

Dejan Ilic, Tech Univ. of Linkoping, Sweden   Phone: +46-13-473 01 06
Email: svedja at lysator.liu.se   Web: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~svedja

 "I may look like The Devil but i'm an angel deep down in my heart"