Linux2.0.31+Adaptec2840VLB?

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Mon Oct 27 22:38:22 PST 1997

On 28-Oct-97 Christian Brandt wrote:
>Hallo dear readers,
>
> But to my surprise the initialization of my Adaptec VLB2840 (yes, the
>VLB-Version, not the PCI-Version) fails in most obscure ways. As old
>versions like 2.0.14/29/30 worked good for me, I guess something got
>broken in the updating process (the size of aic7xxx.c increased quite
>notable, much chance for a nice bug :-)

In short, this is a known problem that has already been fixed.  Bug Dan to
get his latest patch available on his ftp site as he's already integrated
the changes needed to make the 2842 controller work reliably again :)  Also,
expect the patch to make its way into 2.0.32 as well.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford at dialnet.net>
Date: 28-Oct-97
Time: 00:35:11