Illegal cable configuration

Hubert Mantel mantel at suse.de
Thu Oct 9 07:23:43 PDT 1997

Hello,

I'm still getting:

aic7xxx: <Adaptec AIC-7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter> at PCI 9
aic7xxx: Warning - detected auto-termination.  Please verify driver
         detected settings and use manual termination if necessary.
aic7xxx: Illegal cable configuration!!
         Only two connectors on the adapter may be used at a time!
aic7xxx: BIOS enabled, IO Port 0xfc00, IO Mem 0xffbef000, IRQ 10, Revision
aic7xxx: Wide Channel, SCSI ID 7, 16/255 SCBs, QFull 16, QMask 0x1f
scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 4.1/3.2

I never experienced any problem with this great driver. Everything works
reliable even under very high load. But I would love to get rid of this
message (other than removing the printk from the source of course).

Is there anything I can do to help track down this "problem"? The machine
is running linux-2.0.31-pre10 with aic7xxx-2.0.30-pre10-patch.gz from
ftp.pcnet.com.

    Hubert