SquashFS port first two weeks status report

From: Raghav Sharma <raghav_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:21:45 UTC
Hello!

I spent the first week mostly setting up a development environment,
creating a wiki page for the project, and exploring the nullfs/tarfs
source code on FreeBSD.
My initial idea was to build FreeBSD on my OSX but I ran into a
problem with my clang linker (ld.lld) not having lcryptic linker
library.
After spending a lot of time on it to debug I decided to build on
FreeBSD itself and stick with project goals.

I began implementing the vfs_mount() hook and several necessary
hooks/structures.
In the initial phase of testing my mentor suggested me to compile
squashfs disk file directly into the driver and test the initial
metadata of the superblock etc.. by indexing in an array.
I finished testing the superblock and root inode of fs and now will
add mount(8) support for further testing/implementation of the driver.

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2023Projects/PortSquashFuseToTheFreeBSDKernel

[2] https://github.com/Mashijams/freebsd-src/tree/gsoc/squashfs