Weekly Status Report #5: Loader quality of life

From: Connor Bailey <connorbailey777_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:16:34 UTC
Hello,

This week I implemented a solid chunk of basic editing actions (think
forward-word/kill-line) at the prompt, and did another pass through my
code from last week to rename and restructure some things. I didn't run
into any bugs or much of anything interesting.

I ended up with a bit of spare time towards the end of the week, so I
looked into getting a proper flashing cursor wired up, since pressing
editing keys without the cursor showing/hiding itself as expected felt
very wrong. However there isn't a generic timer API in the loader, so I
will need to implement my own or have an entirely separate
implementation for each platform. Neither option is great, so I'm going
to spend a bit more time digging before I decide on how to solve the
problem.

Connor