Re: Stable/13 doesn't boot with xen

From: Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau_at_citrix.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 06:51:04 UTC
On Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 08:44:58AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	hello Roger.  Okay.  Another question, which might be one you answered, but I don't yet
> have enough git knowledge to understand it.  Since releng/13.1 boots and runs fine on my
> machine, but stable/13 does not, is there a way to compare the differences between the two
> branches?  If so, what do I need to clone and how would I instigate such a comparison through
> git?  Or, is this just a matter of diffing the two source trees the old fashioned way?

You can easily get a diff from the git tree, ie:

$ git clone https://git.FreeBSD.org/src.git
$ cd src
$ git diff 0bbbd845fd32ef07707c03d1dc4e4b27f6ebef83..fc952ac2212b121aa6eefc273f5960ec3e0a466d sys

Note the two commit hashes: one is HEAD from releng/13.1 and the
other is from stable/13.  I've added the 'sys' at the end to limit the
diff to changes to the sys/ folder (so kernel only).

In any case, I think such diff is too big to be able to spot any
changes that could cause issues by code inspection.

If you can do the bisection and provide the info from the debug key
(plus the kernel debug symbols) that's likely to be quite useful.

Thanks, Roger.