Re: How deep is the xl socket queue?

From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow_at_nfbcal.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 01:24:32 UTC
	hello Roger.  I am running the C version of xenstored, the oxenstored file is not
installed on my server.  With that said, I have figured out that the queue length on the
xenstored socket is 2, meaning there can be no more than 3 xl commands runing simultaneously on
a given xen installation.  I'm guessing, but do not know for sure, that running the oxenstored
version of the xenstored daemon wouldn't change this situation since I believe that queue
length value is a kernel default.  I looked through the sysctl variables, but don't see an
obvious variable to change this queue length.

The error message I quoted comes from kern/uipc_socket.c, which actually prints the queue
length in the message itself.  I can learn to live with this limitation, I'm just surprised no
one has run into it before, since I'm not running a large server implementation, and I assume
there are those who are using this for larger deployments than I am.

-thanks
-Brian