Re: Help request: strange issue with xfce xfwm4 on AMD hardware, running head

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 18:03:51 UTC
On 27/05/23 10:31, Guido Falsi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing a strange issue with xfwm4 on my laptop running head (commit
> 5804b7ab378d6207130bd1685c931da6a4e76e55), using pkgbase, everything
> build on poudriere.
>
> I have filed an issue upstream with a description and some finding:
>
> https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/issues/722
>
> I'm testing changing some things but I get the same exact error 100%
> repeatable.

A friend of mine suggested trying to disable DRI 3 and this indeed
allowed xfwm4 to not crash.

This is a workaround, not a fix, and does not explain what is causing
the behavior.

Not sure where I should be looking, I'll also check changes in kernel
that could be related.

Again if anyone has some insight please share!

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>