Re: Panic on drm-devel v5.5.19.g20210909

From: Pete Wright via x11 <x11_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:50:18 UTC

On 9/15/21 1:39 AM, Vladimir Kondratyev wrote:

>> i think i've figured out how to reproduce this issue.  it seems to be
>> triggered by chrome, using firefox and other apps and i am not seeing
>> any issues.  but once i launch chrome it seems to trigger the panic
>> above pretty reliably.  i've even moved my ~/.config/chrome/ directory
>> out of the way to ensure i don't have any bad settings and it still
>> triggers the panic.
>>
>> -pete
>>
> Test attached patch. With and without commit 787ffa8c48ec reverted.

I've applied this patch to the drm-kmod repo without 787ffa8c48ec
reverted and have been using both firefox and chrome for most of the day
without any panics.  previously when using chrome i could trigger a
panic within an hour, so i am cautiously optimistic this fixes the bug
on my end.

-pete

--
Pete Wright