Radeon HD 6970 question

From: Scott Bennett <bennett_at_sdf.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:58:35 UTC
     I recently received a Radeon HD 6970 card as a hand-me-down from
a family member.  Before I shut down my tor relay, unhook all the cabling
to external devices, etc., and lug the ~80 lb. beast down from its perch,
is anyone else already successfully using such a card with FreeBSD 12.3
and associated gpu-firmware-kmod and drm-fbsd12.0-kmod versions
(gpu-firmware-kmod-g20210330 and drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20201016_2)?
If so, have you encountered any particular gotchas with them under 12.3?
     Many thanks in advance for any relevant information.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *