request for testing - iwx and iwm driver changes
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2026 20:26:47 UTC
hi! Idwer and I have been working on updating iwx and iwm respectively. There's a lot more work to come, but I figure we should at least get the first ten diffs of each of our stacks get wider testing before I land it in -head. iwx: * the stack head is currently at - https://reviews.freebsd.org/D59766 * Idwer is slowly syncing each openbsd diff after the initial iwx merge point over and figuring out what's missing and what's changed. * I did some basic testing on my AX201/AX210 and it worked okay; I'd appreciate further testing. iwm: * the stack head is currently at - https://reviews.freebsd.org/D60082 * my changes are a bit more intrusive - our drivers have diverged quite a bit as I reorganised it in the hope of syncing linux changes directly and then life got in the way for a decade or so. * I've tested it on 7260 and 9260 and both work just fine here. * This doesn't add 11n or 11ac support to iwm, but my goal with syncing it to the 2021 openbsd driver is that it's a good sync point for 11n support. It's important to stabilise that before I work on bringing it further forward towards 2026 and 11ac support. A big thanks to Idwer for poking at the iwx update. There's a lot to do there and I'm super grateful for getting some help here! -adrian