Re: [iwlwifi] wpa_supplicant stuck in ieee80211_waitfor_parent on 15.1-RELEASE-p3
- In reply to: Walter Harder : "[iwlwifi] wpa_supplicant stuck in ieee80211_waitfor_parent on 15.1-RELEASE-p3"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2026 18:52:01 UTC
On Wed, 23 Sep 2026, Walter Harder wrote: > Hi, > > I was referred here from the FreeBSD forum. On FreeBSD 15.1-RELEASE-p3, my Intel Wi-Fi connection repeatedly drops. When I run doas service netif restart, it hangs at: > > Stopping wpa_supplicant. > Waiting for PIDS: 22482 > > Neither SIGTERM nor SIGKILL removes the process. ps shows: > > PID PPID STAT WCHAN COMMAND > 22482 1 Ds tq_drain /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -s -B -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D bsd -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlan0.pid > > procstat -kk 22482 shows taskqueue_drain called from ieee80211_waitfor_parent, via ieee80211_ioctl and ifioctl. > > The Wi-Fi adapter is detected as: > > iwlwifi0@pci0:0:20:3: class=0x028000 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x51f1 subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x0094 > vendor = 'Intel Corporation' > device = 'Raptor Lake PCH CNVi WiFi' > class = network > > wlan0 has iwlwifi0 as its parent and currently reports status: no carrier. Before the hang, dmesg repeatedly reports linuxkpi_ieee80211_beacon_loss, “missed beacons exceeds threshold” and connection losses. > > Is there a way to recover the driver and release the blocked taskqueue without rebooting? Is this a known issue on the 15.1 release branch? I can provide the complete command outputs if useful. No, I don't think you can recover; if it was a debug kernel deadlock resolution would kick in after a while and panic. I believe this is https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=298369 ? I haven't had quite as much time as I had hoped to finish and get the fix into main (and stable/15) yet. Will be another bit. Sorry. /bz -- For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. [Mat. 24:24-25]