Re: Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac) Wireless-AC 9x6x [Thunder Peak]
- In reply to: Bjoern A. Zeeb: "Re: Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac) Wireless-AC 9x6x [Thunder Peak]"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2026 16:06:42 UTC
On Tue, 7 Jul 2026 23:24:13 +0000 (UTC) "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org> wrote: > On Tue, 7 Jul 2026, LuMiWa wrote: > > Hallo, > > > I am running FreeBSD 15.1-RELEASE and for now I am using iwm driver or better > > more or less I am using Ethernet because I have 0.5 G and WiFi is compare to > > Ethernet very slow. > > And my question is does iwlwifi support my card because I was not > > successful with settings. > > My card on Lenovo Thinkpad 495 is: > > > > pciconf -l | grep iwm > > iwm0@pci0:1:0:0: class=0x028000 rev=0x29 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 > > device=0x2526 subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x0014 > > From all I can say it should. But beware that you won't get better throughput > as with iwm as we do not support 11n and 11ac on the older chipsets (which would > need dedicated rate select code). > > /bz > I did run test and with iwm driver I had better result, about 25 upload and download but with iwlwifi I had about 24 downlod and just 4 upload. Thank you for help. -- “Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep” ― Albert Camus