Re: linuxkpi_ieee80211_start_tx_ba_session: HT or later not supported
- In reply to: Tilman_Keskinöz : "Re: linuxkpi_ieee80211_start_tx_ba_session: HT or later not supported"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2026 21:07:07 UTC
On Fri, 3 Jul 2026, Tilman Keskinöz wrote:
>
>> am on stable with rtw89 and since last week I get "HT or later not
>> supported" about once per second until I set wlan0 to down.
>>
>> My rtwn stick doesn't trigger this.
>>
> I tried setting sysctl compat.linuxkpi.rtw89_support_ht=1, but that doesn't
> change anything.
It simply means rtw89 does try to setup a BA sessions even without HT or VHT support.
I can only assume (without checking) that they may rely on mac80211 on Linux to disable it for them with a specific downcall into the driver which makes no sense to do if HT is not supported. I'll go and investigate the next weeks given we need to fix more rtw8x bits then anyway.
Can you try and see if this will block it for the moment after the first attempt gets logged?
diff --git sys/compat/linuxkpi/common/src/linux_80211.c sys/compat/linuxkpi/common/src/linux_80211.c
index 2e7ce4d4148f..e1d72b8bb951 100644
--- sys/compat/linuxkpi/common/src/linux_80211.c
+++ sys/compat/linuxkpi/common/src/linux_80211.c
@@ -6849,7 +6849,7 @@ linuxkpi_ieee80211_start_tx_ba_session(struct ieee80211_sta *sta, uint8_t tid,
!sta->deflink.eht_cap.has_eht) {
net80211_vap_printf(lsta->ni->ni_vap, "%s: HT or later not "
"supported\n", __func__);
- return (-ENOTSUPP);
+ return (-EINVAL);
}
#ifdef __notyet__
/bz
--
Bjoern A. Zeeb r15:7