Re: How is testing going?
- Reply: David Wolfskill : "Re: How is testing going?"
- In reply to: David Wolfskill : "Re: How is testing going?"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2026 00:06:11 UTC
On Tue, 31 Mar 2026, David Wolfskill wrote: > On Tue, Mar 31, 2026 at 10:50:00AM -0700, David Wolfskill wrote: >> ... >>> If you are still there and in the same situation, disable HT and try a >>> 11a or 11g association only and see if that makes a difference. >>> >>> Otherwise I have no clue. >>> .... >> >> OK; now on break from $work meeting, so I rebooted from stable/15 to >> head; both work here at work, so I will re-try the experiment after I >> get back to the hotel later today. [Meeting is at a "work location" >> where I do not normally spend much time. Likely has similar >> infrastructure to my usual office space, but "implementation variations" >> could easily exist.] >> .... > > OK; back at hotel. Tried head; no association (still). Tried "ifconfig > wlan1 -ht"; still no. Tried updating /etc/rc.conf to append " -ht" to > the ifconfig_wlan1 variable value & "service netif restart wklan1" -- > still no. > > Rebooted to stable/15, also no association until about a minute after > getting the xdm login banner, but that did finally work. Maybe there's > something flaky on the hotel's end of things -- certainly wouldn't be > the first time. > > But it's also possible that we have something not quite right in head. If you can gather data and keep that at least for the moment, that might help at a later point. I assume you have no rtwn wireless dongle with you by accident to try a different driver/etc. ifconfig -v wlan0 (from 15 and main working and not working) ifconfig -v wlan0 list scan If you can, start a tcpdump -ln -s0 -e -vvv -i wlan0 -y IEEE802_11_RADIO -w /path/to/save/the/file.pcap and then just run a service wpa_supplicant restart wlan0 and see (also both 15 and main). You could also increase the debugging level of wpa_supplicant (add 1-3 extra -d command line options; one too many means key information is included, so be careful but I assume the hotel has a publicly shared key anyway) and save the (syslog) file containing the debug information (possibly have to adjust log levels or write !wpa_supplicant to a dedicated file). I cannot promise I'll find time to look at it in detail but we can figure out how to get the data off-list(!) to me. /bz -- Bjoern A. Zeeb r15:7