Re: RTW88

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 19:25:42 UTC

--0-828242201-1653074743=:68830

On Mon, 16 May 2022, crazzy_fingers wrote:

Hi,

> Hello good afternoon..i use freeBSD 13 - reléase and wanna use the rtw88 firmware in my system i have a Realtek RTL8822BE ...i downloaded the source and try to compile only that module but it's not compatible with my kernel

Sorry, rtw88 is currently only in FreeBSD main (14-CURRENT) and not yet in
stable/13 (but hopefully will be soon).

The driver port didn't happen in time to be included in FreeBSD
13.1-RELEASE yet.

At the moment you would have to manually cherry-pick things if you do
not want to run a bleeding edge main.

Best changes are likely once I merge it to stable/13 to track that
until 13.2 will happen.

I haven't yet looked how hard it would be to add it (manually) to
13.1-RELEASE and recompile things but likely things have divereged too
much by now so that it'll be unfeasible.

For some more details please see:
 	https://wiki.freebsd.org/WiFi/Rtw88

Have a blessed weekend,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7
--0-828242201-1653074743=:68830--