Re: iwlwifi: i7260 does not load firmware properly/wifi not working

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 00:13:17 UTC
On Mon, 21 Mar 2022, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> This looks like the issue I have and I boot to single-user until the fix is
> committed.and enter:
> #kldlload iwlwifi
> #exit

Your issue was likely fixed in stable/13 on Saturday with
eeec49e0b30a3faf2985e27f163a4c2f7b511e7c by Warner.

I'd love to hear if updating will help with the load-on-boot issue you
have (even though auto-loading will probably be another 24 hours to
come to stable/13 as well).

> The scan issue remains and continues to bite me every couple of days. This
> gets "fixed" with "service netif restart wlan0". On occasion, the restart
> fails to work repeatedly and a need to reboot. I might have gotten it to
> work by reloading the driver, but at least most of the time the kldunload
> panics the system and that leaves a bit of a mess to clean up, so I am now
> rebooting.

I am trying to sort some of this out as I type (well in another
window).  I am still seeing "interesting things" (head->desk kind of)
but I'll try to sort the essential only.

Hopefully more tonight but likely during the day tomorrow.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7