Re: iwlwifi driver + firmware update in main

From: Krzysztof Piecuch <piecuch_at_kpiecuch.pl>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:00:07 UTC
Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for your update. I built commit
05c3e8e87142a8689503a6731237b48fb43c1bec and gave it a shot. It looks
like a big improvement from the last time I wrote on Sat Feb 12 2022 -
00:13:58 UTC.

I am running Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz, REV=0x351.

I booted the system for the first time - I kldloaded if_iwlwifi manually
and it crashed. See dmesg1.txt

I edited /etc/rc.conf to load the module & configure the network
automatically
----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
syslogd_flags="-ss"
hostname="freezgroza"
local_unbound_enable="YES"
#sshd_enable="YES"
ntpdate_enable="YES"
ntpd_enable="YES"
powerd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"

kld_list="${kld_list} if_iwlwifi"

if_iwlwifi_load="YES"
wlans_iwlwifi0="wifi"
create_args_wifi="wlandev iwlwifi0"
ifconfig_wifi="WPA SYNCDHCP"

lightdm_enable="YES"
#kld_list+=i915kms
dbus_enable="YES"

and power cycled the system. This time wifi was working fine. I
installed firefox (i.e. downloaded 80MB) and shut down the machine. The module crashed on
poweroff but that's not included in the logs. See dmesg2.txt.

I power cycled the system for the third time, the wifi went back online
cleanly. I kldunloaded the module, it crashed, loaded it again,
installed fd-find and shut down the system. see dmesg3.txt.

Thanks!
Kris