Re: iwlwifi stuck occasionally

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 15:46:32 UTC
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022, Takashi Inoue wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the report.

> I'am using iwlwifi in the 13.1R on my ThinkPad X1 Nano with AX201.
> It works well. I'm happy. I'd like to thank you here.

Thanks should go to the FreeBSD Foundation.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/WiFi/Iwlwifi#Known_Issues

> iwlwifi0: Queue 1 is stuck 120 199

It means a timer fired as the TX queue didn't move forward.
The code printing the above line is followed by:
    /* TODO: access new SCD registers and dump them */
Seems Intel hasn't implemetned that yet.

There are one or two more fields in the txq we could dump in the meantime to
see if they give us a hint (things which shouldn't happen but do anyway).

I might go and have a look at that but it'd only show up in HEAD or stbale/13
not in 13.1-R anymore.

If others are seeing this (regularly) as well (still), then please let me
know as it'd mean it'd be worthwhile to spend time on now if we can gather
more information.

Kind regards,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7