ubt0hci - HCI command failed, OGF=0x3, OCF=0x22, status=0x1

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 07:12:37 UTC
I've got a new USB BT dongle.  When I plug it in I get:
kernel: ng_hci_process_command_complete: ubt0hci - HCI command failed, OGF=0x3,
OCF=0x22, status=0x1
root[54563]: /etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for
device ubt0

As far as I could find out, GF=0x3 / OCF=0x22 is Write_Encryption_Mode command.
I've also verified that the rc script fails on hccontrol -n ubt0hci
write_encryption_mode.

Status 1 seems to mean 'Unknown HCI Command'?
Is this possible / allowed?

My intended use for the device is to scan / listen for advertisements from BLE
devices, so I am not bothered with the full bluetooth configuration.
But I wanted to let you know that such devices exist.

P.S.
My references:
https://lisha.ufsc.br/teaching/shi/ine5346-2003-1/work/bluetooth/hci_commands.html
https://github.com/takawata/FreeBSD-BLE

P.P.S.
I hope that this is a right mailing list for bluetooth matters.

--
Andriy Gapon