Re: [iwlwifi] status for stable/13

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:00:20 UTC
On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, jbo@insane.engineer wrote:

Hi,

> On 2021-11-27 I updated stable/13 and tried to apply the setup script which
> is supposed to patch the kernel source to make this new driver work. However,
> this operation was unsucessful:
>
> The iwlwifi wiki was updated in the meantime with this note:
>
>> 2021-11-28 The driver and firmware went into HEAD (detached from build)

Also earlier today:

Q: Your latest snapshot no longer applies. What shall I do?
A: We are working on getting all parts into the tree currently.
    Please be patient for a few more days.

> My question: As of today, what is the correct way to get the iwlwifi driver
> onto a stable/13 system?

There is a hard way resolving the conflicts yourself but read on.

>  As per my understaning, HEAD would correspond to
> -CURRENT which would mean that stable/13 doesn't (yet) have these changes. Will
> these MFCs show up in the next few days?

Yes.  For appropriate values of "few".

My hope is to have everything in main/HEAD/-CURRENT before the end of
this week.

stable/13 will likely get things officially within 14 days of that but once
it is all in HEAD I may just publish a script for the mean time which will
git cherry-pick the changes needed for stable/13 as the amount of people
asking for 13 is quite large.  So you won't have to wait for the 14
days for the MFC to happen.

Hope that helps,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7