Re: [iwlwifi] status for stable/13
- Reply: Bjoern A. Zeeb: "Re: [iwlwifi] status for stable/13"
- In reply to: jbo_a_insane.engineer: "Re: [iwlwifi] status for stable/13"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:56:31 UTC
Hello Bjoern! I was wondering whether you have any status update for us? Unless I missed something the MFCs to stable/13 did not yet happen. I couldn't spot a "cherrypicking-script" either. Thanks again for your hard work! BR, ~ Joel ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ On Tuesday, November 30th, 2021 at 22:59, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Bjoern, > > Thank you a lot for your quick response. > > I'll gladly wait until we can enjoy the latest iwlwifi efforts on stable/13 (either via the upcoming script you mentioned to cherry-pick from HEAD or via the later MFCs). > > Thank you a lot for your efforts on this front. It's really appreciated. > > WiFi is definitely the main reason keeping me from using FreeBSD as a daily driver on my laptop(s). > > Keep up the good work! :) > > Best regards, > > ~ Joel > > ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ > > On Tuesday, November 30th, 2021 at 01:00, Bjoern A. Zeeb email@example.com wrote: > > > On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > > On 2021-11-27 I updated stable/13 and tried to apply the setup script which > > > > > > is supposed to patch the kernel source to make this new driver work. However, > > > > > > this operation was unsucessful: > > > > ... > > > > > The iwlwifi wiki was updated in the meantime with this note: > > > > > > > 2021-11-28 The driver and firmware went into HEAD (detached from build) > > > > Also earlier today: > > > > Q: Your latest snapshot no longer applies. What shall I do? > > > > A: We are working on getting all parts into the tree currently. > > > > Please be patient for a few more days. > > > > > My question: As of today, what is the correct way to get the iwlwifi driver > > > > > > onto a stable/13 system? > > > > There is a hard way resolving the conflicts yourself but read on. > > > > > As per my understaning, HEAD would correspond to > > > > > > -CURRENT which would mean that stable/13 doesn't (yet) have these changes. Will > > > > > > these MFCs show up in the next few days? > > > > Yes. For appropriate values of "few". > > > > My hope is to have everything in main/HEAD/-CURRENT before the end of > > > > this week. > > > > stable/13 will likely get things officially within 14 days of that but once > > > > it is all in HEAD I may just publish a script for the mean time which will > > > > git cherry-pick the changes needed for stable/13 as the amount of people > > > > asking for 13 is quite large. So you won't have to wait for the 14 > > > > days for the MFC to happen. > > > > Hope that helps, > > > > Bjoern > > > > Bjoern A. Zeeb r15:7