Re: Vagrant images for KVM?

From: Jo Durchholz <jo_at_durchholz.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:25:45 UTC
On 28.01.24 12:52, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> On 28/01/2024 11:55, Jo Durchholz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I see VirtualBox and VmWare images of FreeBSD Stable for VirtualBox
>> and VmWare, but none for KVM.
>> What can I do to make KVM images happen?
>
> KVM can work with raw or qcow2 images. Both are provided by FreeBSD
> (there are qcow2, raw, vhd, vmdk). You can also convert different format
> with command "qemu-img convert".

I tried to work with these.

It worked, but the installer phase is not built for automation.
Trying to run the installation by script is too complex to fit into an
automated test.
I couldn't make my manual install competent or trustworthy enough that
I'd expect any third party to actually want to use that; I believe
that's one of the major advantages that using Vagrant gets you: You
don't have to worry about getting the install right for all the
variations that come with OS and installer version, networking setup,
locale, and whatnot.

Regards,
Jo

P.S.: No need to CC me, a list reply is fully enough and a CC just
floods my inbox with distracting duplicates.