Vagrant images for KVM?

From: Jo Durchholz <jo_at_durchholz.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 10:55:01 UTC
Hi all,

I see VirtualBox and VmWare images of FreeBSD Stable for VirtualBox and
VmWare, but none for KVM.
What can I do to make KVM images happen?

Apologies if this is the wrong list, just point me in the right
direction if it isn't.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert for KVM or Vagrant, though I do have some
pretty solid experience with multiple build systems.

Regards,
Jo

----

TL;DR:

Vagrant, because I believe that's the most automatable way to set up a
test suite that spins up a FreeBSD VM, injects the code under test (a
Python package), and retrieves the test results.

Virtual machine, because Python development happens on Linux, as
development can't be moved from established Debian infrastructure to
FreeBSD (sorry).

No VmWare because of expected licensing restrictions.
No VirtualBox: The open-source edition would actually be enough, but it
is currently sort-of broken on Debian (one could pin Pyton to 3.9 and
install old packages to make it work, but that's too intrusive for a
project that wishes to attract contributors).
KVM seems well-supported across all Linux distros.