Re: hackrf / libusb / libusb_interrupt_event_handler

From: Tomek CEDRO <tomek_at_cedro.info>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 18:09:22 UTC
On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 5:43 PM Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 10/2/22 16:23, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> > Hello HPS :-)
> > The new release of HackRF is out 2022.09.1, I would like to update the
> > port.. however there is a linking problem with libusb:
> >
> > ld: error: ../../libhackrf/src/libhackrf.so.0.7.0: undefined reference
> > to libusb_interrupt_event_handler [--no-allow-shlib-undefined]
> >
> > Indeed this function seems missing in our libusb implementation?
> > % nm -gDC /usr/lib/libusb.so.3 | grep libusb_interrupt_event_handler
> > %
> > Any clues on how to fix? :-)
>
> https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=aa87aa52326be7b726664dba65e91ec3d8160f48
>
> If the function doesn't exist, then you can comment it out. I see hackrf
> will work also w/o this implemented.
>
> I couldn't bump the LIBUSB version, because I don't have overview what
> else I need to implement then.
> --HPS

Wow, so the fix is already in the source tree!! ? Then it will have to
propagate to STABLE and then RELEASE ?

I will bump the port to 2021.03.1 for now and when libusb is in the
Release we could bump it further to 2022.09.1? What do you suggest?

I will also see how the software behaves when this function is not there..

Thank you! :-)