Re: usb CH9102 serial chip

From: Daniel Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:12:51 UTC

> On 17 Feb 2022, at 11:48, Daniel O'Connor <darius@dons.net.au> wrote:

>>> What sort of dev board is it?
>> 	m5 stamp C3U
>> https://shop.m5stack.com/products/m5stamp-c3u-mate-with-pin-headers?_pos=2&_sid=3df9b5f0d&_ss=r&variant=42341016633601
>
> According to the docs the 'U' variant doesn't have a serial chip on it. If you look at the schematic the USB +/- pins go straight to the MCU.

RTFM, then again RTFM :-)
to quote:
By default, USB CDC is not enabled, the serial port output started by C3U will be output through UART0, if you need to output through USB, please use IDE to make it USB CDC before downloading the program option enabled. (Arduino users can enable it through Tools->USB CDC on Boot-Enabled, IDF users please refer to ESP IDF official documentation.)
now to hunt down the ‘official documentation’.

thanks,
	danny