Re: Poor USB performance on ASUS 520 motherboard (no IRQ?)

From: Daniel O'Connor via freebsd-usb <freebsd-usb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 02:12:07 UTC

> On 4 Dec 2021, at 05:11, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:
> On 11/24/21 23:33, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> I found that the Gigabyte GA-A320M-H one works fine but the ASUS A520M-A/CSM one is significantly slower for tests where there are many back and forth messages (streaming data seems fine).
>
> There is a register in the XHCI PCI area, to set the IRQ latency. You may want to check the PCI IDs towards Linux if these chips require some kind of special quirks.

Thanks, I had a look at the Linux code (searched via lxr.linux.no) but couldn't find any mention of that product ID (0x43ec).

There are several other AMD related quirks but I don't think any of them impact this.

I wonder if the BIOS sets them differently and FreeBSD never changes it (I haven't tried Linux).

How can I change it?

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."