Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 21:21:42 UTC
On 2022-Oct-1, at 12:58, Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> . . .
> Given the "no failures to find a boot device",
> I suggest an experiment of (temporarily?)
> reverting to the official rpi_arm64_fragment
> (to disable the U-Boot logging) and seeing how
> it behaves without the extra messages.
>
> The timing changes from the messages could be
> contributing to some of the behaviors you are
> seeing.

http://nemesis.zefox.com/~fbsd/pelorus_console.txt7_orig_fragment

still shows all the debug output. It did not
avoid the timing changes.

You might need to not use either of:

patch-common_usb__hub.c
patch-common_usb__storage.c

and to disable the LOG_DEBUG and DEBUG lines in:

patch-common_usb.c

via turning them into comments by adding // as
indicated below:

+//#define LOG_DEBUG
+//#define DEBUG

===