Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 16:33:23 UTC
On Sat, Oct 01, 2022 at 09:12:23AM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
> On 2022-Oct-1, at 08:22, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 05:51:03PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
> >>
> >> By the way, it looks like having the line:
> >>
> >> CONFIG_CMD_LOG=y
> >>
> >> in files/rpi_arm64_fragment would try to build the
> >> log command into U-Boot.
> >>

> > Done and working. Now to learn how to use it.
>
> Good.
>
> Have you tried the updated patch-common_usb.c that
> has the 3 mdelay(...) adjustments? Does it lead to
> avoiding the problem? Any change in observed
> behavior?

Not yet.

However, with logging enabled (but still not understood)
there are more mountroot failures. Here's a list of tries,
where
S means I issued shutdown -r
P means I had to powercycle
R means I issued a reset to u-boot
L means the Pi got stuck in a loop
U means usb reset was issued
M means the Pi stopped at mountroot (self-reset)
B means I issued a boot at the loader prompt

The sequence was:
PRSSSSBSSSSULPMSSM

I've placed the log script at
http://nemesis.zefox.com/~fbsd/ with mountroot in the filename.