Re: Low performance of BBR compared to cubic

From: Zhenlei Huang <zlei.huang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 01:40:05 UTC
I forgot to subscribe #transport mailing list and missed some replies.

> On Nov 19, 2023, at 3:37 AM, Zhenlei Huang <zlei@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> While test TCP RACK functions, I tested BBR BTW.
>
> This is a quick test with iperf3 on bare metal ( old MBP i5 2 cores 4 threads ).

Forgot to mention that test is done with lo0, one thread only.
`iperf3 -s`
and
`iperf3 -c 127.0.0.1`

I would prefer that as a baseline.
Generally it should be good enough, since there's no congestion or loss, and the bottleneck will always be CPU .