RE: How should TCP LRO handle TH_PUSH?

From: Scheffenegger, Richard <Richard.Scheffenegger_at_netapp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 07:33:04 UTC
As discussed in the last transport call, can you please share the behavior with other TCP flags as well?

URG is mostly historic

ECE is tricky - presumably the flag of the last (in-sequence) packet should take precedence without AccECN. With AccECN, the new codepath where LRO provides the full sequence of all received header bits is preferred.
CWR should be latched - if any packet in the LRO has it, it should be kept
PSH should (conceptually) be latched, even though the FBSD stack doesn't do anything with it - other than possibly triggering an immediate ACK (good to reduce the dependency on the delayed ACK timer).

What is the behavior for the other flags (FIN, RST, SYN)?

Best regards,
   Richard