LTO

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:24:41 UTC
Hi,

I'm trying building ports with LTO in poudriere with this
in the makefile:

###
OPTIONS_SET+=LTO
OPTIONS_SET+=LTO_BOOTSTRAP

in order to establish cost/benefit of having it enabled or not.

[1] is a build failure reportable, or shouldn't LTO be used yet?
[2] does the poudriere jail need to be built with LTO?
[3] does the host OS need to be built with LTO (and anything else?)

This is on amd64 and either 14-stable or -current

I'm looking for the most recent instructions, as from what I've been able
to read so far, the whole thing is in a bit of a flux still, and the instructions
seem incomplete and a bit old.

Thin LTO or thick LTO? thanks in advance for any advice