Aw: different behavior of several (hopefully) equal installed jails
- In reply to: Ulf Rudolf : "different behavior of several (hopefully) equal installed jails"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2026 20:35:31 UTC
OK, that problem was easy to solve and unfortunately not correct described - I used different Repository Branches in the affected jails. Sorry for the noise Ulf > Gesendet: Samstag, 6. Juni 2026 um 22:34 > Von: "Ulf Rudolf" <u.rudolf@web.de> > An: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org > Betreff: different behavior of several (hopefully) equal installed jails > > Hi, > > I am running halve a dozen jails on one freebsd host The jails were created and are managed with iocage. Both the host system and the jails were installed with a version from the FreeBSD 13 line and upgraded and updated since then. Actually they all run FreeBSD 14.3p12. > > Since a longer time (I can not remember either the exact point of time or the exact FreeBSD version and the patch level) I notice the folloing described behavior: > * I run "pkg update && pkg upgrade && pkg autoremove && pkg clean" across all jails > * for some packages which are installed in more than one jail the packages is not updated in all jails > * if I run the pkg-cmd-line again after some days the package will be updated in some more jails (somethimes in all affected jails) > > Is that a expectable behavior? If not - what can I do to determine the reason for the observed behavior? > > Best regards > Ulf