Upgrade from 14.3 to 15
- Reply: Jason Tubnor : "Re: Upgrade from 14.3 to 15"
- Reply: Robert Blayzor : "Re: Upgrade from 14.3 to 15"
- Reply: Lexi Winter : "Re: Upgrade from 14.3 to 15"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2025 21:09:00 UTC
During the upgrade, I adjusted the FreeBSD.conf file to the recommended
setting put forward by the upgrade process.
Now when I trying to update pkg or to re-install apps, I get multiple error
lines like this:
pkg: packagesite URL error for pkg+
http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:14:amd64/latest/data.pkg -- pkg+:// implies
SRV mirror type
Unable to update repository FreeBSD-kmods
Error updating repositories!
Tried to find the updated .conf file in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos, am told
that directory doesn't exist.
I put the following FreeBSD.conf file in the /usr/local/etc/ directory, but
to no avail. At a bit of a loss.
# To disable a repository, instead of modifying or removing this file,
# create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf file, e.g.:
#
# mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
# echo "FreeBSD-ports: { enabled: no }" >
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
# echo "FreeBSD-ports-kmods: { enabled: no }" >>
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
#
# Note that the FreeBSD-base repository is disabled by default.
#
# url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
FreeBSD-ports: {
url: "pkg+https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",
mirror_type: "srv",
signature_type: "fingerprints",
fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
enabled: yes
}
FreeBSD-ports-kmods: {
url: "pkg+https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/kmods_quarterly_${VERSION_MINOR}
",
mirror_type: "srv",
signature_type: "fingerprints",
fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
enabled: yes
}
FreeBSD-base: {
url: "pkg+https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/base_release_${VERSION_MINOR}",
mirror_type: "srv",
signature_type: "fingerprints",
fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkgbase-${VERSION_MAJOR}",
enabled: no
Grateful for anything I am missing here. Thank you all.