Re: local-unbound stopped working after upgrade to 13.2

From: Doug Hardie <bc979_at_lafn.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:20:02 UTC
> On Sep 19, 2023, at 03:37, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org> writes:
>> The only issue I encountered with local unbound some years ago was it
>> didn't support local-zone which I needed.
>
> It does.  Just put it in a separate file in /var/unbound/conf.d/.  You
> may need to adjust your access control settings as well.  For instance,
> I use this to allow local-unbound on my desktop computer to also serve
> NATed bhyve VMs:
>
> % cat /var/unbound/conf.d/access-control.conf
> server:
> 	interface: 127.0.0.1
> 	access-control: 127.0.0.0/24 allow
> 	interface: 192.168.144.1
> 	access-control: 192.168.144.0/24 allow

Interesting.  That was not apparent when I setup DNS.  I found the unbound port to be easy to setup and maintain.  Not the least of which is that it has a consistent name.  Local unbound sometimes is local_unbound and sometime local-unbound.  I found it difficult to remember which form to use and usually had to try a couple times to get it right.

-- Doug