Re: Did something change with ZFS and vnode caching?

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman_at_bimajority.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:20:32 UTC
<<On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 00:26:15 -0400, I wrote:

> That was ... interesting.  It took a bit of postprocessing, but I was
> able to make a flame chart from that:
> <https://people.csail.mit.edu/wollman/contention.svg>

When I originally did this I thought that it made the most sense to
organize by the stack and then the lock name, but after staring at it
for a few hours, I decided that it might be more helpful to see it
aggregated by lock first and then stacks, so I switched it around:
<https://people.csail.mit.edu/wollman/contention-bylock.svg>

Note that in order to reproduce these flame graphs, you'll have to
make a new version of Gregg's stackcollapse.pl that removes the weird
behavior the original version has for names with "->" in them,
as well as doing some additional postprocessing.

-GAWollman