Update to the Release Engineering Team Roster

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 23:52:40 UTC

FreeBSD community,

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to resign my role as the
Release Engineering Team Lead.

Colin Percival will take over this role, and I will act as his Deputy
Lead unless and until he finds a more suitable person to fill this role.

Regardless, I do not have any immediate plans to resign from the RE Team
as a whole, and though Colin has proved during the 13.2-RELEASE cycle
that he is fully capable of overtaking this role, I will remain active
on the team and will be available to him to provide any guidance or
insights as needed.

I personally want to thank Colin for accepting this role change.  I have
worked with Colin for several years directly, and indirectly, much
longer than I can remember.

As I am sure many of you all are aware, Colin served the Project as the
Security Officer for several years, and authored important utilities
used by many within the community, such as portsnap and freebsd-update.

I have sent and received acknowledgement from the Core Team of this
decision to step aside, which was well received and no objection to me
selecting Colin to be my successor had been posed.

Colin, thank you, again, for overtaking this role, and as we discussed,
I will be here to provide any needed guidance, insight, or information
as you need.  As I had mentioned to you, I do not have any immediate
plans to leave the Team, nor do I have any question in my mind that you
are the obvious successor to this role.

I am proud to be able to hand over the proverbial torch to you, and look
very much forward to your successes as the Release Engineering Team
Lead.

It has been an absolute pleasure to be able to serve you all to the best
of my abilities over the past several years.

With my very best regards to all involved in the Project, and nothing
but the best intentions of the Project in mind.

Glen