Re: Slow WAN traffic to FreeBSD hosts but not to Linux hosts---

From: Peter <pmc_at_citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 01:38:00 UTC
> TL;DR: When working from home, I can max out my residential 200 Mbit
> network connection when downloading from remote Linux hosts at but
> only manage about 20% of my max residential connection speed when
> downloading from remote FreeBSD

I had a similar effect once, when downloading from my cloud site into
my home network, which did happen only in specific conditions when
routing things around a few more hops in the home network.

After experimenting a while with the congestion stuff, it finally
resolved quite differently: TSO offloading on the FreeBSD server in
the cloud needed to be disabled.