13.2-RELEASE and firefox

From: Greg Balfour <greg.bal4_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 16:49:21 UTC
I installed 13.2-RELEASE in a VMware VM and can't get firefox to
start.  Everything (xorg, vmware, firefox, etc.) is installed with
packages.  There are error messages about "Can't find profile
directory." but Firefox does create the usual config directories
with appropriate permissions.  Interestingly, if I install
www/tor-browser that does work.

$ ls ~/.mozilla/firefox/
./                              installs.ini
../                             irt0vtne.default/
bka4pgd6.default-release/       profiles.ini

$ firefox
console.error: ({})
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/XULStore.jsm, line 58: Error:
Can't find profile directory.
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/XULStore.jsm, line 58: Error:
Can't find profile directory.
console.error: (new TypeError("Cc[aContract] is undefined",
"resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.sys.mjs", 137))
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.sys.mjs, line 137:
TypeError: Cc[aContract] is undefined
[ERROR glean_core] Error setting metrics feature config:
Json(Error("EOF while parsing a value", line: 1, column: 0))
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/XULStore.jsm, line 58: Error:
Can't find profile directory.
console.error: (new SecurityError("Navigator.requestMIDIAccess: Access
not allowed", (void 0), 3012))
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/TelemetrySession.sys.mjs,
line 747: NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: Component returned failure code:
0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)
[nsITelemetry.msSinceProcessStartExcludingSuspend]