Re: Slow startup from D19488 (rtsol: sendmsg: Permission denied)

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:04:11 UTC
On Tue, 29 Mar 2022, Peter wrote:

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled as after two years you are the first one to report
that problem to my knowledge for either base system or jails.

>  after upgrading 12.3 to stable/13, I am seeing these
> errors in all my jails:
>
>> Additional TCP/IP options: log_in_vain=1.
>> ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib
>     /usr/local/lib/c cmpat/pkg /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg
>> 32-bit compatibility ldconfig path:
>> rtsol: sendmsg on nrail1l: Permission denied
>> rtsol: sendmsg on nrail1l: Permission denied
>> rtsol: sendmsg on nrail1l: Permission denied
>> Starting Network: lo0 nrail1l.

Can you give us a full startup log?

> Searching the cause I find change  1b5be7204eaeeaf  aka  D19488
>
> This doesn't work, because the firewall is not yet present. This is

Given you are talking firewall, I assume you are using vnet jails?

And given you are talking ipfw I assume your default policy is deny
and not accept?

And given rtsol runs I assume you have IPv6 configured and in use?

The same issue then should also happen in your base system on boot?

> happening in rc.d/netif, and that must run before rc.d/ipfw in any
> case, because the firewall needs to see the netifs.

I thought ipfw could log deal with interfaces coming and going?

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7