Mailman and obhttpd

From: Software Info <softwareinfojam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 20:10:51 UTC
Hi All,

I am trying to get OpenBSD’s httpd working with Mailman but I am
having some issues. I am using obhttpd-7.0.20211221 on FreeBSD 13.1
and I used the suggestions found at
https://www.quernus.co.uk/2015/09/28/running-mailman-on-openbsd/ When
I try to access the site http://mailman.mydomain.com/Mailman/admin I
get a 500 internal server error. I tried running both httpd and
slowcgi without daemonizing them and I keep seeing this error on the
screen: slowcgi: execve /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin: Permission denied.
Not sure why I am getting that since both httpd and slowcgi run as www
and the cgi-bin directory is owned by www and has 755 permissions on
it. At a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are my config files below.

[obhttpd.conf]
chroot "/"
logdir "/var/log"
server "mailman.mydomain.com" {
listen on * port 80
root "/usr/local/mailman/"
log access "obhttpd-access.log"
log error "obhttpd-error.log"
location "/Mailman/*" {
fastcgi socket "/var/www/run/slowcgi.sock"
root "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"
}

location "/icons/*" {
root "/usr/local/mailman/icons/"
}

location "/pipermail/*" {
root "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"
}
}

[rc.conf]
obhttpd_enable="YES"