Re: [EXTERNAL] SSHD, diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 , and FreeBSD 13-stable

From: Garance A Drosehn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 03:15:27 UTC
On 30 Jan 2022, at 21:29, Gary Palmer wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 09:13:16PM -0500, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
>> In my older build of this server, I handled this need by adding
>> the line:
>> KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
>> in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, and that worked fine.
>>
>> In the newer system that config line flags an error:
>>
>>    -# /usr/sbin/sshd -f /etc/ssh/sshd_config4 -t
>>    /etc/ssh/sshd_config4: line 156: Bad configuration option:
>> KexAlgorithm
>
> There is a 1 character difference between the option named above and
>
> <trim>
>
>>    -# ssh -4e none -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 \
>>           -oCiphers=aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc
>> \
>>           me@sad.ancient.server.rpi.edu
>
> the one used here.  That is why one works and one doesn't
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary

UGH.  Unbelievable!  It even occurred to me I might have a typo while I
was writing my email, but I triple-checked only the
'diffie-hellman-group1-sha1' part, and not the 'KexAlgorithms' part.

I'm now going to bang my head on my desk for a few minutes.  But this
will save me quite a bit of work, so Thanks Muchly!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Lead Developer @rpi                   and    gad@FreeBSD.org