Re: FreeBSD 12.1 vs 13.0 TCP connections count

From: Eugene M. Zheganin <eugene_at_zhegan.in>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 18:02:53 UTC
Hello,

13.09.2021 11:33, Eugene M. Zheganin пишет:
> [...]
>
> I'm also graphing the balancer/nginx accepts/handled rate which is
> constant at 4K/sec - means the flow itself isn't changing a lot.
>
> I'm also graphing the connections scoreboard from nginx and it also
> shows x4 drops/rises when switching from 12.1 to 13.0.
>
> Is this a bug/glitch of the 13.3 statistics (seems unprobeble because
> nginx shows it too) or is there some other explanation that I don't get ?

In the end this looks like a regression in the end. Considering two
identical servers rented in one datacenter, I have to downgrade 13.x
balancer to 12.2 - I'm unable to find other eplanation to the things
described above. The difference in connection numbers isn't the major
reason; the real reason is the inability to handle the load, and the
most discouraging thing is that I'm unable to measure this inability
using formal metrics: cpu/disk load is okay, no network errors on the
driver layer, no complains in the dmesg or syslog.

Eugene.