Re: routing changes from Sept 7th and possible ppp breakage (RELENG_13)

From: mike tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 16:01:47 UTC
On 9/10/2021 11:52 AM, mike tancsa wrote:

>>> At first glance it seems that ppp does not check existing default
>>> route before replacing it with a new one.
>> My thinking as well. Similar thing (creating kind-of an overlay network)
>> with openvpn results in a single default route - apparently the original
>> one is properly removed before adding openvpn's own default route.
>>
> One other thing I noticed is that net.route.multipath is RO on i386 but
> RW on AMD64.  Is that intentional for some reason ?

Actually, its neither. On my i386 image I was using an old kernel def
that didnt have

options         ROUTE_MPATH

 yet the sysctl still shows up with a value of 1

# sysctl net.route.multipath
net.route.multipath: 1
# sysctl -w net.route.multipath=0
sysctl: oid 'net.route.multipath' is read only
#

    ---Mike