Re: 12.3-RC1 errors on boot and shutdown

From: Peter <pmc_at_citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 22:18:29 UTC
Eirik Øverby wrote;

> > > wait....what?
> > > This means we *can not* upgrade our 100+ systems upon release, because
> > > we cannot at the same time roll out local changes to basic stuff in
> > > /etc/rc.d ..
> >
> > With approval of re_at_, the change's merged to stable/12 and will be included in the 12.3-RELEASE, so be cool.

> Thank you. I was just .. momentarily put off by the additional work it
> would have entailed.

Ups, You're indeed serious - I was imagining You were nitpicking.

So, next time you run into such an issue, you just roll out something
like this one, at any time before:

https://daemon.contact/gitr/tools/tree/rc.d/RCTLLATE

This is a twister. It orders the sequence of startup. I never change
things in /etc/rc.d. These twisters go into local rc.d directory.

And anyway, this issue would hit You only when You have separate
filesystems for / and /usr. Sure You do?

@Eugene: Thanks for fixing! :))

cheerio,
PMc