ping -6 ignores -e parameter

From: KOT MATPOCKuH <matpockuh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 18:15:47 UTC
Hello!

In a man page for ping(8) and in it's help output I found option "-e":
     -e gateway
             Specifies to use gateway as the next hop to the destination.
The
             gateway must be a neighbor of the sending node.

I tried to use this argument, ping ignores this parameter and sends the
packet via default gateway.
For example I have a tun0 which has ipv6 default gw, and an established
bridge0 which has available some LL addresses:
Neighbor                             Linklayer Address  Netif Expire    S
Flags
fe80::2a0:98ff:fe1d:e270%bridge0     00:a0:98:1d:e2:70 bridge0 23h56m34s S R

I tried to run:
ping -6 -e FE80::2A0:98FF:FE1D:E270%bridge0 google.com
But the packet was sent via tun0 interface.

What is wrong with it?

--
MATPOCKuH