Re: Run script as root without sudo

From: Aristedes Maniatis via freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 08:46:55 UTC
Oh!!! -c is a csh option....

Someone had to have created that command structure as a practical joke
on a co-worker back in about 1975... Let's make the login user optional,
but if you opt not to use it the next argument works completely differently.

Now that I understand it, I see which parts of the man page I didn't
read clearly. And then on top of that the linux su command actually has
a -c option, so of course all those docs out there are leading in the
wrong direction.

Thanks for your help.

Ari