Re: StarFive VisionFive 2 support

From: Tomek CEDRO <tomek_at_cedro.info>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 01:52:22 UTC
On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 3:03 AM Colin S. Gordon wrote:
> I've been looking at support for the StarFive VisionFive 2 off and on for the last few weeks, using the OpenBSD support as a reference. Recently it was recommended to me that I check here whether anyone else was working on this before I got too far, to avoid duplicating and work.

Your posts are famous Colin :-)

https://discuss.systems/@csgordon/110969847755944311

After I got my VisionFive2 board in January I have tried FreeBSD boot
method presented by Rob (CC) on GitHub but it was sllllllooow and no
drivers were available except for UART pins. Did not go any further
but I will be more than happy to help testing :-)

https://github.com/robn/freebsd-vf2

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/freebsd-on-visionfive2-board-with-risc-v-rv64gc-starfive-jh7110-soc.87757/

My friend Lup Yuen Lee (CC) is porting NuttX RTOS to JH7110 and
already made tons of discoveries that are all documented.. you may
join forces and share discoveries to make both NuttX and
FreeBSD/OpenBSD fully available on that new amazing RISC-V platform
:-)

https://www.hackster.io/lupyuen/rtos-on-a-risc-v-sbc-star64-jh7110-apache-nuttx-2a7429

https://lupyuen.github.io/articles/release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQ-TXXojbQ