Re: Is there no working clang in FreeBSD/RISC-V's ports?

From: lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de <lars.sonchocky-helldorf_at_hamburg.de>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 21:41:59 UTC
Hi everybody,

meanwhile I’ve found out that there is no longer a clang-port available, it got merged back into the llvm-devel port:

https://www.freshports.org/devel/llvm-devel/ <https://www.freshports.org/devel/llvm-devel/> (See port moves)

So I changed GNUstep’s install-dependencies-freebsd script to require the llvm-devel port.

This worked fine on FreeBSD/amd64 inside Virtual Box but not for FreeBSD/RISC-V in QEMU:

pkg: No packages available to install matching 'llvm-devel' have been found in the repositories

So is there really no llvm-devel port available for FreeBSD/RISC-V?

Another thing that caught my attention is, that freshports.org never seems to mention any RISC-V availability. I thought that with FreeBSD 13 the RISC-V architecture moved to Tier-2 support ( https://wiki.freebsd.org/riscv#Current_Status <https://wiki.freebsd.org/riscv#Current_Status> ). Doesn’t that mean that there should be such ports available for RISC-V?

Quote from https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/committers-guide/#archs <https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/committers-guide/#archs>

	• Tier 2 platforms should be self-hosting either via the in-tree toolchain or an external toolchain. If an external toolchain is required, official binary packages for an external toolchain will be provided.

doesn’t specifically that mean that the llvm-devel port should be available? Just asking …

Kind regards,

	Lars