Re: SiFive Unmatched board

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 06:08:14 UTC
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021, at 22:18, Rich Dunkle wrote:
> I see that the SiFive HiFive Unmatched board is now shipping from
> Mouser.  Is it too early to purchase a board for running FreeBSD? I
> would like to step up from running qemu.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago.  I had forgotten I ordered it. :)

I haven't had time to power it up yet.

These are the first commercially available (well, ish) RISC-V boards with a minimum viable amount of memory for building FreeBSD packages natively, albeit slowly.  I'm hoping it won't take too much effort to support this hardware.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer